Individuals or Organisations representing volunteer based community groups are eligible for up to $5,000 in Government Funding.
Up to $10 million is currently available for Volunteer Grants in 2016. Eligible organisations and individuals can apply before December 20 for funding amounts of between $1,000 and $5,000.
The application process is very simple and money is intended for you to use it in ways that will help your volunteers.
These grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers by contributing to their important work. The grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 each will allow recipients to buy much needed equipment, such as computers, or help with training volunteers, fuel costs or undertaking background security checks.
It’s all part of the Government’s work to support the volunteers who help disadvantaged Australian communities and encourage inclusion of vulnerable people in community life.
Applications will be assessed on how strongly they meet one or more of these priorities:
- organisations/community groups that work with disadvantaged communities. This will be prioritised according to the Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA)
- organisations/community groups that support individuals and communities experiencing disadvantage. This includes:
- organisations/community groups located in areas affected by recent major natural disasters (based on disasters listed on the Disaster Assist website occurring between 10 December 2015 to 13 December 2016);
- organisations/community groups which engage volunteers from disadvantaged backgrounds. Organisations which help more than one disadvantaged group will be assessed more highly.
- organisations/community groups that have more volunteers than paid staff;
- a higher number of volunteers who will directly use the items being bought;
- organisations/community groups with high numbers of volunteers;
- organisations/community groups with smaller operating budgets; and a lower total cost for the requested items.
The application form is very easy to fill out and should take less than 15 minutes of your time.
For more information and to download the forms visit: https://www.dss.gov.au/grants/grants/funding-open-for-application/volunteer-grants-2016