Christian Media & Arts Australia and SPARC are offering a limited number of Screen Media Scholarships for 2017:
Two Categories Are Available for 2017
- Emerging Talent Scholarship (under 35 years)
- Industry Professional Scholarship
APPLICATIONS OPEN August 15th, 2016.
- The Scholarship includes A$1500 toward airfares plus accommodation for 3days/2nights in Los Angeles, meetings with industry professionals.
- The Scholarship is convened in the USA by Co-Founder & Vice President of Cooke Pictures, Kathleen Cooke. Kathleen works with scholarship recipients to coordinate unique meetings and gatherings with industry professionals in Hollywood. A true money can’t buy experience.
Your USA Host: Kathleen Cooke
Founding partner & Vice President at Cooke Pictures, Kathleen is an award-winning actress who casts our media projects & is a key creative leader. She’s a national speaker and adjunct professor focusing on developing entertainment internship programs for various universities. She’s on the advisory board for the Hollywood Prayer Network & is the director for the West Coast/Hollywood chapter of Christian Women In Media Association.
“The scholarship enabled me to have coffee and alfresco prayer with the head of the Hollywood Prayer Network and to further my career with meeting casting directors and agents. Los Angeles is pregnant with revelation coming in the light of pixels on giant screens, in the palm of our hands and in the lounges of our homes. I am so incredibly grateful!”
Danielle Brewer, 2015 scholarship recipient.
I am incredibly grateful for the SPARC scholarship, and the opportunities it afforded me…I was given opportunities to meet with experienced and connected leaders in Hollywood. I felt lifted up in my craft, and challenged in my walk.”
Anna McGahan – 2015 scholarship recipient.
- Consideration for film makers in the 2017 Scholarship requires an entry submission in the 200 Stories Project. (Link to http://www.200stories.com.au)
- Potential scholarship applicants will need to be available for travel between June-August 2017, exact dates will be confirmed with the winner of each category. Winners will have a travel allowance of $1,500 AUD for flights and will book these to meet their Los Angeles schedule.
- Applicants must have a valid Australian passport and will be responsible for obtaining any necessary Visas and Travel Insurance.
- Meals and transfers/ground travel are not included in the prize package.
- The Scholarship Selection Panel will assess the applications and select Scholarship Winners. Judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence entered into.
Applications Closed (5pm (AEST) 10 February 2017)