There is a key vacancy at a leading community radio station in Bendigo central Victoria.
105.1 Life FM seeks applications from suitable experienced professionals to take on the role of General Manager. This role is responsible for carrying out strategic objectives outlined by its Governance Board. Life FM is also developing a future Central Victoria Connection Hub that will see us collaborate and assist other Christian community radio stations in the area. The General Manager will play a vital role in the success of the Connection Hub.
Specifically, the General Managers role focuses on protecting the station’s license by ensuring compliance and that we operate a legal, sustainable station that builds strong connections with the community.
Starting salary is between $55,000-$65,000 per year (before tax), required superannuation + sales commission and other incentives as they are developed.
The responsibilities of General Manager also include
- Strategic and operational development implementing policies and procedures, achieving all measurable outcomes
- Staff and organisational developments. They will coordinate marketplace activities and engage the relevant personnel needed to help carry out these plans
- Management of programming activities ensuring content is effective, consistent and on target
- Direction and management of all revenue streams
- Effective communications with the stations Governance Board and relevant regulatory authorities
- Build positive relationships with staff, volunteers and key stakeholders and lift the stations marketplace profile and reputation
Required Skills / Selection Criteria
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience working in broadcasting, sales, marketing, fundraising or not-for-profit leadership role
- Success in leading and managing a team of people
- Success in B2B sales in a given field or territory (ideally within media)
- Strong decision maker, highly organised and self-motivated
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and oral), confidence and ability to represent the station with high levels of credibility
- Must be able to enthusiastically support the stations Vision, Mission & Values
Please submit your application cover letter and resume and write a statement addressing the selection criteria, plus provide any other relevant documentation to demonstrate suitability to the role by Friday 31st July 2015.
Expected start date ASAP.