Membership is open to:
- any organisation that operates a broadcasting organisation in Australia or supplies programme content to a broadcasting organisation in Australia, and who agrees aligns with the Statement of Purpose for the Company and subscribes to the Code of practice and Statement of Faith.
- any individual who agrees aligns with the Statement of Purpose for the Company and subscribes to the Code of practice and Statement of Faith and who can demonstrate an active interest in the activities of the Company.
An organisation or individual who applies and is approved for membership as provided in these Rules is eligible to be a member of the Company on payment of the entrance fee and annual subscription payable under these Rules.
The role of the Christian Media Australia Community:
- To advance the Christian faith by providing encouragement and resources to Christian broadcasters.
- To encourage the growth of Christian broadcasting in Australia
- To represent its members to government, industry agencies, authorities and other non-government organisations that have a sector wide interest in Australian Broadcasting.
- To provides services, discounts and benefits for its members to enhance the quality of stations and programming.
- To foster high professional standards through the Code of practice.
- To provide a forum for Christian broadcasters to develop their ministries.
- To train and equip individuals working for its members in the advancement of the Christian faith through the Christian Broadcasting sector.
- To gather research data on audiences, programs and effectiveness of Christian broadcasting in Australia
- To dialogue with other media associations regarding current industry development and keep members informed of this information.
- To educate and inform members in all areas relevant to the development of Christian broadcasting in Australia.