Open House is a live news, current affairs and talkback programme exploring life, faith and culture from a Christian perspective. Each programme includes compelling interviews, engaging talkback and expert opinion on the issues of the week.
In March 2017 Open House returns for a new season, with a new host – Stephen O’Doherty.
Stephen’s unique background spans careers in broadcast journalism, government, Christian leadership and community sectors. To many Stephen is well known as the pioneering host of 2GB’s market-dominating ‘Sundown Rundown’ drive show. In the 90s Stephen served as a frontbench MP in the NSW parliament. Stephen is a regular contributor to programmes such as the Drum, Q&A and The Panel.
We’ve got our Host – now we need the other vital team member.
Our New Open House Producer will…
- Have a proven track record as journalist, particularly in radio or digital media
- Have a well thought-through, mature understanding of the integration of work and the Christian faith, especially as it applies to media work
- Be ready to break new ground in exploring how belief and faith respond to the news of the week
- Bring an extensive network of contacts in both secular and faith-based organisations
- Be skilled in researching and preparing interview briefs for the host, and also able to record interview material independently when needed
- Possess digital audio editing skills combined with a capacity to post material on our social and digital platforms (downloads for previous ‘Open House’ shows are among the most popular resources on our website)
- Have the ear to identify great radio talent and prep them to join on our conversations on the air.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently when required
- Have a firm belief in the mission and values of Hope Media
- And… be ready to start now!
Hope Media is Sydney’s leading Christian media organisation, communicating messages of hope and inspiration to transform life, faith and culture. We are the parent company of Hope 103.2 on FM, Inspire Digital on DAB+, the Open House program, and Hope Online featuring additional radio streams ’Fresh’ and ’Christmas Hope’. Our team is made up of radio professionals, committed to delivering an uncompromising message of hope for the people of Sydney.
Hope Media recognises the value of a radio professional, and the cost of living in Australia’s largest Capital City —that’s why we pay accordingly.
Applications Close: February 12, 2017
Contact: If all this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, you believe you are compatible with the Christian mission of Hope Media and have the requisite skills and experience, then send your CV to the attention of the Content Director, along with references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope Media reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.