Vision Christian Media are looking for a Manager responsible for the development and execution of the Supporter Engagement Strategy which incorporates Fundraising through relationship development and communications (through a variety of channels), new supporter acquisition, advocacy, major donor relations, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
It is also responsible for the logistics and editorial quality control of printed and electronic publications such as The Word for Today, Vision 180 Magazine, Vision Today, etc. Responsible for the provision of graphic design services to other teams with a strong service focus.
Our target audience is active in their Christian faith. The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of faith through their own experience so as to resonate with our audience.
- You are highly capable and experienced in Supporter Communications and Engagement for Non-profit organisations with a strong track record of successful fundraising through traditional and new media channels.
- You have solid experience in managing printing, publications and digital media.
- You are energized and excited by the opportunity to take on a broad portfolio of fundraising strategies in a vibrant organisation, working to transform the lives of Australians by providing them with trusted Christian media to grow in their faith.
- You are hard-working, hands-on, regularly show initiative and can-do attitude.
- You are confident and capable engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working in a Christian organisation that respects and works with people of a wide range of Christian faith backgrounds.
About Vision Christian Media
Vision Christian Media is a non-profit charity that has been working hard to bring the good news of the Gospel to Australia since 1986. Under our old name of UCB Australia, we were a key driver in establishing over 30 independent Christian Community radio stations during the 1990s before we became a broadcaster and publisher ourselves. And haven’t we grown since then!
Now, hundreds of thousands of Aussies across the country turn to us daily for encouragement, good company, support and biblical perspective. Helping them connect faith to their life. https://vision.org.au/about-us/
Our ministries (products) include:
- Vision Christian Radio
- The Word for Today (devotional and magazine)
- Vision 180 (Youth devotional, magazine and radio)
- Vision Christian Prayer (prayer support line)
- Vision Christian Store
- Vision Christian Tours
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of communications, fundraising, marketing and media strategies and campaigns with community, not for profit, private and/or public sector organisations and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in donor relations, donor stewardship, event planning and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills focused in planning, implementation and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience managing a medium size team of staff and 3rd party vendors and/or contractors (minimum of three years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions).
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices relevant to the role.
- Mature in understanding and application of Christian faith.
- Degree in Fundraising Management, Marketing, Media, Communications, Digital Media and/or Business Administration.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, Donor management systems (eg MPX), Adobe Creative Suite and Novell suite.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Ministry experience.
- Bible college qualification / certificate.
Key Competencies for Performance Development
- Creative – solution focused, big picture thinker.
- Evaluation – can gather information, analyse and draw conclusions.
- Communication – Above average skills required in this area, both verbally and written
- Completion – Is well organized with focus on completing projects/tasks on time
- Integrity – Is completely honest. Words and actions are completely consistent
- Encourager – Makes others feel valued and motivated toward success
- Cheerful manner, Logical thinker, Organised, Inquiring mind, Creative, Team player
- Own transport
- Work will predominantly take place in the office however some travel or out-of-office work may be required from time to time.
How to apply
Successful applicants must align to our Mission, Vision, Values and Core beliefs.
This is more than just a job, it’s a ministry opportunity. If you tick all the boxes, then email your CV and any supporting documents to:
Elizabeth Torres-Russell Chief Development Officer Vision Christian Media email@example.com.
Applications Close: 20 March 2017